Effective: August 15, 2009
- Information collected from you.
- Information You Provide: Information collected from you will vary, depending on how you use the Website and what information you may choose to provide to us (whether through email or otherwise). You can browse most sections of the Website without submitting any personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") means individually identifiable information about you that we collect online, which may include but not limited to, your full name, a user name and password, email address, real estate license information, telephone number, physical address, financial information, and credit card information. If you choose to advertise property on the Website, you may be asked to provide Personal Information. You can decide not to provide us with Personal Information, but then you may not be able to fully take advantage of certain features of our Website.
- Automatic Collection of Information: We automatically track certain information about you as you visit and use the Website. This information may include your computer's Internet Protocol address, the URLs and pages you visited, the number of times you visit each page, the downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular pages of the Website, and your browser type. This automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of "cookies."
- Information from Cookies: "Cookies" are small files that we send to and store on your computer so that we can recognize it as a unique machine the next time you visit the Website. You are always free to decline any cookies we use if your browser permits although doing so may interfere with your use of some of the features of the Website. Some of our advertisers may also utilize their own cookies. In addition, we and our advertisers sometimes use "clear GIFs" in connection with cookies and other website functions. Clear GIFs perform administrative functions without detracting from your online experience. They may be used to perform statistical and administrative tasks including measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising avenues and positioning images on the web. Clear GIFs do not collect Personal Information.
- Information Sharing.
- User-Requested Services and Information: We may seek Personal Information from you, which may be used in the following ways:
- The information you submit is used by us to display the advertisement you request. We may also share this information with others, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill your request. In addition, we may use any registration information that you submit as set forth in the "Registration Information" section below.
- We may use other companies and individuals to perform supporting functions for the various tools, functionality, products and services offered through our Website on our behalf. These service providers will not be permitted to use the information collected from you for any other purpose other than performing the support functions for Lanier Lion.
- User-Initiated Communication: From time to time, portions of the Website may enable you to send email to us or to third parties. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communication with us, or anyone else, you may be contacted in return.
- Protection of rights: We will release Personal Information if we believe that such action is appropriate to: (i) comply with any law, regulation, or court order, (ii) enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement for the Website, (iii) identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who are or we believe will cause injury to us or another party, or (iv) otherwise protect the rights, property or personal safety of Lanier Lion, its employees, or others.
- Asset transfers: We continue to develop our business and in doing so might choose to buy or sell other businesses or assets. Personal Information is generally one of the transferred assets acquired or transferred in such transactions.
- Registration Information: The Personal Information you provide when you become a registered user of the Website is used primarily to help us customize your online experience, increase the convenience of accessing new tools, products and services, and, if applicable, provide the advertisements you request. This Personal Information may also be shared to make your use of the Website more convenient by, for example, limiting the number of times you have to register with us. Your email address serves as a unique identifier in our record system, and together with your password is designed to prevent unauthorized access to any information you choose to store on the Website. The data you give us about your preferences may be used to help us offer content, advertisements, products, and services that we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may share this information, in aggregate form, with current and potential advertisers so that they can present advertisements more effectively. If you forget your password for any registered area of the Website, we have an automated password recovery system, which can be accessed by clicking on the "Forgot Password?" link on the sign-in page. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Lanier Lion and change your password. Unless you specify that you prefer not to hear from us, we may use the email address you provide at the time of registration to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the Website, or by clicking on any "unsubscribe" link contained in a promotional email. Information such as your license number or financial information will not be shared with third parties except to complete a transaction or as provided above. Additionally, information provided regarding an advertised property will be shared with others, including consumers accessing the Website.
- Change Personal Information. You may edit your Personal Information by returning to the area of the Website where you registered and modifying the information there.
- How Information Is Protected.
- Whenever Personal Information about you is stored on our computers, that information is password-protected from unauthorized access or use. In addition, this information is kept on servers that are located behind a firewall. We will only electronically transmit or ask for this information over secure Internet connections using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption, the currently accepted standard for online security, and security keys. In addition, we require password authentication from any third parties you have authorized to receive this information. Finally, to the extent that we may ask for your financial information, these will be stored on secure designated servers where access is limited to individuals in departments charged with using such information only in connection with processing your orders.